I started taking classes last week at Red Engine here in LA, so I wanted to share what I did for the first assignment. Our assignment was to do some environment sketches/paintings to help establish where our story is taking place. Much to my surprise I put out these 8 paintings during this week. More than double the output of the Adv. Perspective class I took back at AAU.
New Egypt is being repurposed into my own visualization of the opera "Aida" by Giuseppe Verdi. I'll be taking what I've previously done into this project which will help the New Egypt project get what it lacked the most: A story with characters.
Wish me luck! I'll keep you guys posted on progress.